I often get a asked about the specifics of some piece of software or hardware I use.
I change up things fairly often, so this page will serve as a living document and a place to point curious developers/designers to when I get asked.
Visual Studio Code is my current editor which I switched to in June 2018 after years of Sublime Text.
- Auto Rename Tag (automatically rename paired HTML/XML Tags)
- AWS Toolkit (useful if you work with AWS)
- Bracket Pair Colorizer (colorize matching brackets, improves readability when using a lot of curly-braces!)
- Code Spell Checker (spell-check your code!)
- ESlint (integrates ESLint into VSCode)
- GitLens (best extension ever for Git related tasks!)
- Indenticator (visually highlights the current indent depth)
- Live Share (allows other developers to collaborate in real time)
- markdownlint (linting & style checking for markdown files)
- Material Icon Theme (improves VSCode folder icons)
- Material Theme (better VSCode themes)
- npm Intellisense (autocompletes import statements)
- Path Intellisense (autocompletes file names)
- Prettier (code formatter)
- Python (linting, Debugging (multi-threaded, remote), Intellisense, Jupyter Notebooks, code formatting, refactoring, unit tests, snippets, and more...)
You can see most of my config files (.eslint, VS Code settings) over at my Dot Files repo but please don't just take these settings carte blanche - they work for me but might not be the best.
- For image processing, I use Adobe Photoshop & Lightroom.
- For video processing, I use Final Cut Pro + Adobe After Effects
- I design almost entirely in Figma. In my opinion, it is much better than Adobe XD and Sketch. I still use Adobe Illustrator for more advanced illustration tools
- I'm a huge Alfred fan and have many workflows to boost my productivity (ie: Github, FontAwesome, Spotify, Can I Use, Faker, StackOverflow, Package Managers ...etc). Most of them you can find and download in this repository.
- BetterTouchTool is essential to boost my workflow/efficiency using Keyboard shortcuts, custom gestures & special mouse movements, custom Touch Bar.
- Insomnia for HTTP request testing (similar to Postman)
- Little Snitch, a privacy must!
- f.lux to reduce blue colors & eye strain
- CleanMyMac to always keep my mac clean from junk & boost the memory
- I backup with 1 time machine local HDD, Dropbox and iCloud Drive for most files.
- Slack & Discord to communicate with people
Hardware & Setup
- My desk is an Ikea standing desk: Skarsta
- My main monitor: LG 29" UltraWide
- I use an M1 MacBook Pro 13" 16Gb Memory & 1To Storage.
- I have an iPad mini 2019 that I use from time to time when I need multiple screens or when I have to use the Apple Pencil.
- Apple Watch 6 44mm
- The Mouse & keyboard is are Logitech MX Master 3
- Main Speaker/Lamp is a Synfonisk
- Apple Airpods Pro & Bose QC35 as a main headset
- Plus, some decoration items from Ikea (clock, lamp, ipad holder ...)